- Hybrid work model, Officer location
- Band 7 (95k-115k) + super, full time
- Great organisational culture and benefits with flexible working arrangements
- Develop your career in local government
About the role
A new opportunity is now available to join our Customer and Service Improvement Business Unit as a Business Intelligence Technical Support Administrator. This role would suit someone who is looking to develop their career in BI, your contribution will lead to an increase in organisation effectiveness by:
- Supporting the Performance and Improvement team, and the broader Customer and Service Improvement business unit by bringing intelligent and useful visual reporting tools to the organisation.
- Leading and advising the organisation on the warehousing, architecture, security, control, and governance of data used for reporting and monitoring.
You will be a data expert who has solid understanding of business intelligence and data warehousing concepts, who is accustomed to dealing with competing priorities and enjoys designing improvement opportunities to existing practices, tools and processes.
You will also need to meet the following.
- Proficiency in using SQL, DAX or M or any other language to analyse data.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, SQL server integration services (SSIS), and Microsoft Azure.
- Certification in Microsoft Power Platform/Data Visualisation.
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role. Please note you will be required to answer some selection questions as part of the application process.
- To access the position description please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/please note you will need to scroll to the bottom of the advertised position to access the PD.
- Applications will be accepted up until 11 December 2022 or until this position has been filled.
- For application queries please contact 1300 787 624 and ask to speak to a member of the recruitment team, if you require further information regarding the position, please ask for Peter Philp.
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.