- Be part of our local community arts scene
- Ad-hoc shifts based on events
- Opportunity to earn extra money
- Great hourly rate
- Cardinia Cultural Centre (Pakenham)
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly motivated Theatre Technician to play an integral part in ensuring our events and performances run smoothly.
The Theatre Technician reports directly to the Technical Supervisor and is responsible for providing support to theatre users. Your duties will also include but not limited to the following.
- Provide support to the Technical Supervisor including advice on technical, audio visual, staging and artistic services available to clients and potential clients.
- Supervise aspects of, and provide support for, a client’s technical operations in the theatre, and / or performances/events in other areas of the centre where required.
- Support a client's event by operating lighting controls and/or audio controls to provide visual and audio enhancement to the performance.
- Assist in the maintenance of assets, properties and effects, and attend to the regular service and maintenance of that equipment as directed.
To be considered for this role, you will have
- Demonstrated experience in theatre technical operations.Â·
- Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and application within a theatre environment.
- Excellent customer service, oral communications and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work a range of hours including evenings and weekends.
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and well-being program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role. (cover letters can be addressed as/to Hiring Manager)
- To access the position description please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/ please note you will need to scroll to the bottom of the advertised position to access the PD.
- Applications close: 3rd July 2022
- If you have any questions, please contact 1300 787 624 (ask for a member from the recruitment team)
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
To ensure Cardinia Shire Council complies with Chief Health Officer directions, this role requires the incumbent to have and maintain the necessary mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role