- Hybrid work model, Officer location
- Band 5 starting 70k + super, full time
- Opportunity to help introduce families and children to future education.
About the role
Working as an integral part of the Future Communities group, you will be the first point of contact for Kindergarten Committees, Early Years Managers and families wanting to enrol in kindergarten educational programs. You will also be responsible for maintaining the Kindergarten central registration system and deliver timely reports to the Team Leader Early Years, Kindergarten Early Years Managers and Committees of Management as required.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Early Years, your duties will include:
- Undertake the registration process for families wanting to enrol into Kindergarten programs offered by Council’s Community Kindergartens.
- Liaise with the Kindergarten Enrolment Officers and Early Years Manager’s to ensure staff and committees have accurate and up to date registration information.
- Answer registration enquiries and provide relevant registration information to families as required.
- Accurately update and maintain database systems.
- Process Kindergarten offers as per Cardinia Shire Council’s Central Registration Policy and Procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to assist and support staff working in kindergarten settings, as well as to be one of the first points of contact for families introducing their children to an educational setting.
You will be a highly motivated and detail oriented professional. Knowledge and understanding of our local area to inform and assist families with enrolment enquiries will enable you to hit the ground running. It is essential for you to have excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills to create ownership and accountability within your role. You will hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence.
You will also require:
- Post-secondary training / qualifications relevant to the position e.g Certificate IV or Diploma in Business Administration and/or suitable work experience to achieve position requirements.
- Proven database management and administration experience.
- Highly experienced with Microsoft Office applications, particularly excel and word.
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role.
- To access the position description please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/ please note you will need to scroll to the bottom of the advertised position to access the PD.
- Applications close: 3rd July 2022
- For application queries please contact 1300 787 624, and ask to speak to a member of the recruitment team, if you require further information regarding the position, please ask for Kim Kelly.
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role