- Part Time 0.6 until December 2022
- Hybrid Work Model
- Band 8 (Starting $112,899+ 10% super)
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the implementation of our Library transition project
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to utilise your extensive project management experience. The Project Manager Library Transition will be responsible for the delivery of the dissolvement of the Casey Cardinia Library Corporation and the successful transition of Library Services within Cardinia Shire to a new Library identity.
Reporting to the General Manager Governance, Facilities and Economy, your key duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Project manage the implementation of service for Library Services in Cardinia Shire.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with the community, relevant agencies and State and Federal Governments.
- Develop and deliver change management and communications strategies to support staff and community through the reform.
- Support Council’s reform agenda, taking a leading role demonstrating and supporting continuous improvement, delivering the transition plan.
As a Project Manager you will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact. You will have highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to deliver customer-focussed outcomes. You will also require:
- Project management qualifications or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex and large-scale change.
- Previous experience in service planning, stakeholder engagement and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the economic, political and social issues relating to the Local Government environment and rises above the detail to see the patterns, trends or implications before planning or acting.
- Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
- We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
- We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and well-being program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role.
- Applications close: Sunday 24th October
- For further information regarding the position description, please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/
- For any further information please call 1300 787 624 and ask to speak to Susan or Jolene (Recruitment)
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
To ensure Cardinia Shire Council complies with Chief Health Officer directions, this role requires the incumbent to have and maintain the necessary mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role.