- Full time, permanent position
- Band 5 (salary $69k-85k plus super)
- Hybrid work model (flexible work arrangements)
- Monthly ADO
- Supportive and encouraging team environment
- Shape the future of Cardinia’s activity centres, townships and regions
About the role:
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Statutory Planner to contribute to the effective and efficient management of the use, development and protection of land in Cardinia Shire.
As a Statutory Planner at Cardinia, you will have the opportunity to build a vast set of skills by managing a range of planning applications across a large and unique landscape that includes coastline, state-significant agricultural land and suburbs and townships with unique character and values.
Our planners are given the opportunity and experience to develop as well-rounded practitioners that help shape the future of the municipality, including within the new Pakenham Activity Centre Zone and alongside major transformational projects.
The role will see you collaborating with key stakeholders - such as the community, public authorities and applicants - to deliver great planning outcomes. In doing so, you will be exposed to a planning scheme that reflects the issues, challenges and opportunities of the Shire, such as bushfire management, environmental protection, economic development and sustainable development of our established suburbs and rural townships.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
The key responsibilities of the role will allow you to play an active role in the delivery of planning services and the implementation of actions to improve the performance of the team. These include:
- Assessing applications for planning permits and amendments to permits, as well as applications for extensions of time and plans to comply with permit conditions.
- Providing planning information and advice to applicants and the community, including in-person, in-writing and over the phone.
- Preparing and presenting submissions to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Providing assistance and support to management and other team members, including briefings on issues, organising meetings, or other duties as appropriate.
- Providing assistance and advice to other Council departments and other authorities on planning matters.
- Assisting with administrative activities and contributing to initiatives to help improve the operation and performance of the team.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic Statutory Planner who thrives within a supportive and encouraging team environment and has a passion for achieving positive planning outcomes. They will bring a strong willingness to learn and develop not only themselves, but also contribute to the knowledge of the wider team.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of statutory planning processes, including planning-related legislation.
- An ability to clearly and concisely communicate information and advice in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to research and analyse information and prepare concise reports and recommendations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and manage your own time and workload, including achieving specific outcomes within set timeframes against conflicting priorities.
- A tertiary qualification in planning or a related discipline.
Graduates are welcome to apply -- put your theory into practice!
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and wellbeing program.