- 2 positions available (max term- full-time June 2023, max term- full time 6 months)
- Starting 87k+ super
- Hybrid work model, Officer location
- Exciting opportunity to gain experience in local government
About the role
Are you passionate about communicating and engaging with the community? Use your experience and qualifications in public relations, communications, journalism, community engagement or a related field to work within our Communications and Engagement Team.
You will be particularly sought to provide high-level communications advice, and to project manage and deliver communications and engagement plans and their activities from start to finish on key priorities for the organisation.
Reporting to the Team Leader Strategic Communications, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate a broad range of communication/information/promotions/engagement plans, programs and activities to ensure effective internal and external communications that promotes a positive image of Cardinia Shire Council
- Develop approved internal and external communication materials as required, including but not limited to media, advertising, social media, website content, FAQs, newsletters etc.
- Work in partnership with the Engagement Team to ensure appropriate engagement plans are developed and implemented when engagement activities are required and in line with council’s Community Engagement Policy.
- Coordinate communications, media, and engagement events where required.
- Provide approved information to key stakeholders on projects as requested.
- Provide a constructive role working in a team environment across the organisation contributing to the achievement of its objectives.
- Assist and support activities of the Communications and Engagement team and Council in general to build and enhance relationships within the organisation, with external stakeholders and the community
To be successful in this role you will be a well-experienced communications and engagement professional with a 'can-do' approach. You will be outcome driven, and able to manage competing work priorities within strict timeframes. You are experienced in providing high-level communications advice to all levels of an organisation, creating strong links with internal and external stakeholders to effectively communicate information about its services.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications (or related field) and relevant experience, 5+ years
- Relevant previous experience community engagement in a local government environment is preferred
- Confidence liaising with all levels of the organisation to understand issues and prepare compelling and informative materials for our community
- Demonstrated experience delivering strategic communications campaigns
- Strong writing and editing, including a track record of preparing high quality communications materials across all platforms
- Demonstrated skills in MS Office, particularly in Word and PowerPoint, utilising styles, editing tools and formatting.
- Basic online, social media, and graphic design capabilities desirable.
Cardinia Shire Council is a dynamic and progressive organisation. We pride ourselves on our diversity and investment in our staff. Everything we do is underpinned by our Together, Different and for the Future approach, embracing collaboration and innovation across teams, with other agencies, and our community.
We seek people with diverse experience and background, then provide you with the tools for career success. You will have access to targeted training through our learning and development programs to enable you to achieve your professional goals and excel in your role.
We offer opportunities to work flexibly, balancing your work goals with your life goals. We offer a wide range of staff benefits, including discounted gym memberships and health insurance, annual leave loading and access to our comprehensive health and wellbeing program.
- To apply for this position please complete the online application form, including your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability to the role.
- To access the position description please visit https://careers.cardinia.vic.gov.au/our-jobs/ please note you will need to scroll to the bottom of the advertised position to access the PD.
- Applications close: 3rd July 2022
- For application queries please contact 1300 787 624, and ask to speak to a member of the recruitment team, if you require further information regarding the position, please ask for Kelly Grindley
Cardinia Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment and a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. We welcome applicants from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to explore career opportunities with Cardinia Shire Council. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. 1300 787 624
Cardinia Shire Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse, gender inequality, racism, violence against women and family violence.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working with Children Check.
You must have valid Australia Working Rights to be considered for this role